We were excited when we received the call that we had been chosen to participate in The Airport Shark Tank at the 17th Annual AAAE / TSA / DHS Aviation Security Summit in Arlington, Virginia. Like our apps, we kept our presentation simple. We are passionate that ELERTS belongs in the airport threat and security ecosystem, and closes the gap in airport public safety communication.
After a brief presentation, the four expert judges began to ask me questions. They and the crowd then got to vote on which company provides the most innovative new airport security technology solution.
We’re thrilled to share that ELERTS won!
Why? It’s simple:
We’re a lean airport security solution offering:
- Easy to use, free apps that allow anyone to report suspicious behaviors or situations in less than 20 seconds.
- Proven effective at 16 North American transit agencies, with a 100% customer retention rate – our apps are live in cities like Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto and more.
- ELERTS was chaos-tested at the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing – when mobile phone call and texts wouldn’t work, ELERTs was used to share photos and information with police.
- It only takes 30 days to deploy the app – airports can be up and running with the missing piece of See Something Say Something in just one month!
- ELERTS costs less than one K9 unit. While K9 dogs at airports do an important job that no human can do – detecting explosives by sniffing the air – they cannot do what people can, and that’s report suspicious activities of all types. Detecting explosives is a critical part of keeping air travel safe. But there is more that needs to be done. See Something Say Something is how we humans help the dogs to keep us safe.