Emergency Communication Network for schools to situationally respond to active shooters and other threats.
Event Alert™ is a cloud-based system integrating real-time chat, photo-sharing, GPS, video surveillance, and access control systems, allowing school staff to communicate context-rich information for mass notification to peers and local law enforcement.
SCHOOL SECURITY TRENDS:
- The US Department of Justice has pledged $44 million in grants to provide 356 school resource officers to 141 cities and counties nationwide in an effort to make schools safer.
- The National Association of School Resource Officers says there are more than 10,000 resource officers in the US, and that school-based policing is the fastest growing area of law enforcement in the nation.
- In Oct. 2013, there were over 50 bomb threats or lockdown incidents in the U.S. – Source School Safety News
- Department of Education released its Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operation Plans emphasizing training, planning, and establishing clear communication.
WHY EVERY SCHOOL AND COLLEGE CAMPUS NEEDS EVENT ALERT™
- According to the FBI, active shooter events on a campus last 6-to-12 minutes.
- 43 percent of the time, the crime is over before police arrive. In 57 percent of the shootings, an officer arrives while shooting is still underway.
- Designed specifically for K-12 schools and colleges.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use.
- Real-time two-way communication.
- Discreetly broadcast alerts to key stakeholders (teachers and first responders).
- Adds visual context to GPS and text information.
- Authorized users can automatically lock doors from a mobile device to keep security threats at bay, but people can always get out of the building.
- Cloud-based infrastructure coupled with apps for Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- Web-based management console that integrates reports, pictures, text, video surveillance cameras and information about the access control systems that regulate access to buildings using electronic locks and swipe cards. (Works with leading access control systems.)
- Enabled anywhere there is cellular or Wi-Fi network connectivity.
- Free downloadable end-user app (ELERTS Event Alert™)
Example of an ELERTS Event Alert™ chat message: